Activities to engage kids during the quarantine
As we all practice social distancing to help curb the spread of coronavirus staying at home all day can get quite boring at times especially for our kids. Here are some ideas for things to do at home with your kids:
- Have an in-house picnic party: With kids staying at home and being used to playing with friends at school, they are sure going to miss them a lot! Turn your lounge or garden in to a picnic spot and plan a day out but indoors!
- Play hide and seek: With no physical activity around, kids are surely going to love this idea of playing hide and seek! Hide in their favorite spots in the house and give them clue to find you!
- Make your own family DIY board game: Cut an old cardboard and make it in to Ludo or scrabble. Print names of your family member and name each house!
- Interview each other: Start interviewing each other face-to-face by asking each other questions and taking notes. This will help them to polish their speaking skills.
- Start an online book club:Engage with your kids friends online and start discussions about your kid’s favorite books!
- Do a family hand print project: Wet your hands with some paints and draw on sheets! Make a family imprint and frame it in your lounge!
- Start gardening: Get seeds from your local store or left over food and plan it with your kids! They are sure going to love the progress of their home grown food every day!
- Write handwritten notes: Your kids are missing their friends for sure, instead of video calling them every day encourage them to send them a DIY handmade card and post it!
- Practice Yoga! Self-mediation is really important these days! While you do yoga each morning make sure the kids join you to practice mindfulness and appraise the good in life!
- Watch Disney together! As cliché as it might sound! Watch your kids favorite shows and movies with them! They are sure going to love it!
Also here are some free online resources for kids to engage and learn while at home:
- PBS KIDS – One-stop shop for all educational content
- MathGames – Fabulous free games and quiz questions
- National Geographic Kids -Stunning photos and stories of Earth’s peoples and wildlife
- MetKids – Whimsical, kid-friendly intro to the world of art
- ReadWriteThink – Excellent free resource for reading and writing
Follow us on Instagram stories for more fun activities at our home for kids!